Deadline: September 1, 2021
Salem County Improvement Authority is seeking to hire a Seasonal Laborer to work no less than 24 hours and no more than 40 hours per week. The successful applicant will be an individual who possesses a background and knowledge in the areas of building services and general ground maintenance.
The Seasonal Laborer will be required to perform manual and physical labor (such as litter pick-up, operation of grass cutting equipment, maintenance and cleaning equipment, use of simple hand tools and driving a pick-up truck). Core days of the operation department are Monday through Saturday.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum two years work experience in the manual and physical functions related to position.
- A New Jersey Driver’s License is required.
- No health, dental or prescription benefits are available.
- Drug and alcohol testing are required.
Mail application and resume no later than September 1, 2021, to Attention: Casie Garton, Salem County Improvement Authority, Human Resources, PO Box 890, Alloway, NJ 08001 or email application and resume to . Salem County Improvement Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Under the direction of the Landfill Manager, the Seasonal Laborer is to work a weekly average of no less then twenty-four (24) hours and no more than forty (40) hours per. The Seasonal Laborer is responsible to perform duties related to laborer well established procedures and other duties as assigned. The Seasonal Laborer will be an individual who possesses a background and knowledge in the areas of janitorial and general ground maintenance. The Seasonal Laborer will be required to perform manual and physical labor, in relation to semi-skilled labor, (such as the operation of grass cutting equipment, cleaning equipment/vehicles and litter pick-up). The Seasonal Laborer will be responsible for reporting directly to the Landfill Manager and will work independently and/or in conjunction with other employees of the Salem County Improvement Authority.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Landfill Manager, however any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor so the examples cover all the duties which may be performed including but not limited to:
- Report to the Landfill Manager.
- Monitor convenience center customers, informs supervisor or other appropriate staff of any suspicious waste hauling activity.
- Receive all visitors to the facility and direct them, accordingly, notifying the Landfill Manager as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of scale house, scalemaster work area and equipment to provide a healthy and safe work environment.
- Clean scalehouse, maintenance and office buildings.
- Able to perform general clean up tasks around facility and buildings. (Administration office, lunchroom, maintenance garage, pole barns, storage shed, etc.)
- Run various pieces of light duty motorized equipment required to complete assigned tasks, (i.e., lawn mower, leaf blower and weedwhacker.)
- Mow common and public areas (not landfill) of Authority properties and landscapes facility as needed- mulch, trim, pull weeds, etc.
- Clean all parking lots and roll-off containers, as necessary.
- Pick up litter.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Have the ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in the English language sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Able to work in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- A minimum knowledge of the manual and physical functions related to position and the ability to perform these functions.
- High school Diploma
- NJ Driver’s License
- Most obtain Safety training.
- Physical demands require some physical exertion; work may require lifting of heavy objects of up to 50 pounds, recurring bending, standing, walking or similar activity.
- Able to walk 100 yards at a time.
- Work environment may require exposure to various climate conditions and require special safety precautions.
- Ability to use desktop computer for safety training.
Core Hours Of Solid Waste Division Are:
- Monday- Friday: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:30 am- 3:00 pm