Mon – Fri from 8am to 4pm
SCIA Solid Waste Division
PO Box 890
286 Welchville Road,
Alloway, NJ 08001-0890
36 McKillip Road
Alloway, NJ 08001-0890
The Convenience Center is open to Salem County residents on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Download the “Keep It Covered” Brochure.
2020 Meeting Schedule
Regularly scheduled meetings will take place at the Salem County Improvement Authority Office, 286 Welchville Road, Alloway Township, New Jersey 08001.
2021 DATES WILL BE POSTED WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE
2020 Holidays For SCIA
January 1, 2021 – Friday – New Year’s Day
*January 18, 2021 – Monday – Martin Luther King Day
*February 15, 2021 – Monday – President’s Day
April 2, 2021 – Friday – Good Friday
May 31, 2021 – Monday – Memorial Day
July 5, 2021 – Monday – Independence Day
September 6, 2021 – Monday – Labor Day
*November 11, 2021 – Thursday – Veterans’ Day
November 25, 2021 – Thursday – Thanksgiving Day
*December 24, 2021 – Friday – Christmas Day
December 25, 2021 – Saturday – Christmas Day
*December 31, 2021 – Friday – New Year’s Day
*Landfill will be open/Office will be closed
Rules, Regulations and Policy Statements
Policy & Procedures Regarding OPRA Requests
The Salem County Improvement Authority (SCIA) is committed to operate in an environment of transparency to the Public and this policy and procedure has been created to assist the organization in complying with New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act as set forth in N.J. S. A. 47:1A-1 et seq. (hereinafter referred to as “OPRA”).
This policy applies to all employees of the SCIA and pertains to all government records of the SCIA as defined by N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1.1.
This policy is designed to ensure that all employees of the SCIA understand:
- The requirements of the Open Public Records Act and how the SCIA complies with those provisions.
- Who the record custodian is for the SCIA.
- The requirements of OPRA.
The SCIA will follow the provisions of OPRA and will utilize the Government Records Counsel (GRC) Handbook for Records Custodians to guide it in meeting these objectives.
- The SCIA will appoint a Records Custodian and provide staff, support, equipment and other resources as needed to insure timely response to document requests submitted pursuant to OPRA.
- The SCIA shall require that the Records Custodian shall collect reasonable fees from the requestor, as permitted under OPRA. These fees shall include, but not be limited to, per page copy costs, medium conversion costs, and special services charges.
- Whenever a person shall make a request to inspect Government Records onsite under OPRA, the Records Custodian shall, in his/her sole discretion, assign a SCIA employee to monitor the inspection to insure the integrity of the Government Records being inspected. In the event of such an inspection which requires a monitor, the Records Custodian shall charge a fee to the requestor equal to the hourly rate of the SCIA employee required to monitor the records inspection. There shall be no fees charged under this section for any inspections which are less than 2 cumulative hours (120 minutes) per day.
- The Records Custodian will insure that an Open Public Records Request Form is developed and maintained in hard copy and is made available through the SCIA website, fax, mail or pick up.
- The Records Custodian will insure that instructions are provided to requestors regarding how and where requests are to be submitted. To further this goal, the SCIA has developed a separate e-mail address to receive OPRA requests, in addition to the organizations regular mail and fax at the Main Office.
- The Record Custodian shall develop and maintain an OPRA request tracking log and shall report to the SCIA Members on OPRA activity from time to time
- All staff shall give priority attention to document requests from the Record Custodian and shall track all time and expenses associated with the production of each OPRA
- The SCIA Solicitor shall be available to the Records Custodian on an as needed basis.
- The Records Custodian shall follow and abide by all statutes, regulations, directives, opinions and case law regarding OPRA.
Policy Regarding Website Postings
The Salem County Improvement Authority (SCIA) is committed to operate in an environment of transparency to the Public and this policy has been created to assist the organization in complying with the recommendations of the Office of the State Comptroller’s report entitled An Analysis of the On-Line Transparency of New Jersey’s Local Authorities and Commissions as well as N.J. S. A. 40A:5A-17.1 et seq. This Policy is designed to enhance the requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:5A-17.1 and not to override its directives.
This policy applies to all employees of the SCIA and pertains to all materials posted on the SCIA website.
This policy is designed to ensure all employees of the SCIA understand the requirements regarding posting of information and documents on the SCIA website.
- All SCIA employees will understand the approval process and timelines for information to be posted to the SCIA website
- All SCIA employees will have an opportunity to visit the SCIA website
The Salem County Improvement Authority will follow the provisions of N.J. S. A. 40A:5A-17.1 with respect to maintaining its website.
- The SCIA shall designate a website host, website manager and/or webmaster and provide funding, staff, support, equipment and other resources as needed to insure a fully compliant website is maintained for the SCIA.
- The Executive Director and Webmaster will collaborate to insure that the SCIA Website is maintained, updated and is accessible.
- All requests to post information and documents on the SCIA website shall be subject to approval by the Executive Director.
- Documents from the monthly SCIA meetings will be posted according to the following schedule under normal circumstance:
SCIA Meeting Agendas
• Draft copy will be posted by 12:00 noon of the day of the regular monthly meeting or any special meeting.
• Final copy will be posted 5 business days following the meeting.
SCIA Meeting Minutes
• Final copy of the minutes of a regular meeting will be posted no later than 60 days following final approval and adoption.
• Final copy of the minutes of a special meeting will be posted no later than 60 days following final approval and adoption.
SCIA Meeting Schedule
• Regular meeting schedule and notice (setting forth the time, date, location and agenda) will be posted no later than 15 business days following the SCIA’s approval of the meeting dates.
• A copy of the notice (setting forth the time, date, location and agenda) of a Special meeting will be posted 48 hours in advance of said meeting.
• Final copy of all annual audits will be posted no later than 60 days following final approval and adoption by the SCIA.
• Introduced budget will be posted no later than 15 business days following SCIA’s approval.
• Amended budget will be posted no later than 15 business days following the SCIA’s approval.
• Final budget will be posted no later than 60 days following the SCIA’s final approval and adoption and shall replace introduced and amended versions
• Will be posted no later than 60 days following any and all revisions by the SCIA.
• Contact information for all person who exercises day-to-day supervision or management over some or all of the operations of the authority including the name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
• Will be posted no later than 30 days following any and all revisions and updates by the SCIA
• The most recent Comprehensive Annual Financial Report or other similar financial information shall be posted within 30 days of SCIA’s approval of same.
Rules and Regulations
• SCIA rules, regulations, and official policy statements deemed relevant by the Members of the SCIA to the interests of the residents within the SCIA’s service area or jurisdiction shall be posted no later than 30 days following any and all revisions and updates by the SCIA.
• All attorneys, advisors, consultants, and any other person, firm, business, partnership, corporation, or other organization which received any remuneration of $17,500 or more during the preceding fiscal year for any service whatsoever rendered to the authority.
• Will be posted no later than 30 days following any and all revisions and updates by the SCIA.
- SCIA shall, in its sole discretion, also cause to be posted other information deemed pertinent and necessary to further the organization’s mission and goals and to provide the public with information regarding SCIA activities.
- SCIA Solicitor shall be available to confer with the Executive Director and Webmaster on an as needed basis.